“To provide quality health service responsive to the needs of all persons living in Keta and beyond by implementing approved health sector policies, increase access to health service and manage prudently resources available for health service provision”.
People living in Keta municipal are healthier, wealthier and happier through the provision of the highest quality of health services through stakeholder collaboration
CORE FUNCTIONS OF GHANA HEALTH SERVICE/MUNICIPAL HEALTH DIRECTORATE
All the activities carried by the Municipal Health Services are structured to achieve the four (4) main strategic objectives of the Ghana Health Services which are:
1. Ensure sustainable, Affordable, Equitable, and easily accessible Health services (Universal Health Coverage.
2. Reduce Morbidity and Mortality, Intensify Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases
3. Enhance Efficiency and Governance and Management
4. Intensify Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases and ensure the reduction of New HIV/AIDS and other STIS, especially among the Vulnerable Group)
At the district level, curative services are provided by the municipal hospital and Sacred Heart hospital, a faith based at Abor. Public health services are provided by the Municipal Health Management Team and the Public Health units of the two (2) hospitals. The Municipal Health Directorate (MHD) provides supervision and management support to the lower level facilities at the sub-districts level. At the sub-district level both preventive and curative services are provided by the health centers, CHPS zones as well as outreach services to the communities within their catchment areas. Basic preventive and curative services for minor ailments are being addressed at the community and household level with the introduction of the Community-based Health Planning and Services (CHPS).
Among the key functions of the department includes:
- Ensure access to quality affordable health services at all levels
- Implement approved policies, standards and operational guidelines determined set by the ministry.
- Promote healthy lifestyles and living
- Establish effective mechanisms for disease surveillance, prevention and control
- Provide relevant in-service training to enhance the skills of staff
- Manage assets and properties of the services
- Perform any other function that is relevant to the promotion, protection and restoration of health.
- Collaborate with local and traditional authorities to promotes health
- Collaborate with decentralized departments to manage all Public Health Emergencies
Click Below Link for full Report
KETA MUNICIPAL HEALTH DIRECTORATE 1ST QUARTER REPORT